The 6 Keys to My Success
What are the 6 keys to my success?
- Set a Goal – You’ve got to know what you are working towards. You can’t hit a target you can’t see. Set both realistic goals you know you can accomplish within the next 6 months and bigger goals that may take you a few years.
- Do Your Homework – Know. Your. Stuff. Every successful business owner knows their business, their customers, their competitors and their industry like the back of their hand.
- Adore What You Do – One way to avoid burnout is to really like what you are spending your time on. Money won’t always be flowing through the door. During those times, loving what you do will keep you going. A successful entrepreneur (or intrapreneur!) is passionate about what they are doing above all else.
- Remember, You are the Brand – You are the only one who can make it happen and no one else is going to do it for you. Be the best representation of you and your brand at all times. Don’t overlook the importance of personal branding!
- Do the Hard Work and Keep Swimming – You have to be relentless and willing to keep moving forward despite setbacks and hard times. I have been told “no” countless times throughout my career. The difference is that I didn’t let it deter me. When I got kicked down, I always made sure to learn from the mistakes and get back up stronger than ever.
- Get a Mentor – Now listen, you don’t need a mentor that’s a “Shark.” You can find a family friend or community member running a successful business who is willing to share their expertise and experiences with you.
- (BONUS!) – Don’t Procrastinate – Procrastination is the enemy of success. It can kill your business before it has a chance to even launch, but it doesn’t have to be that way. Want to know how I stay focused?1. Break big tasks up into smaller pieces
2. Do the most pleasing part of the thing you don’t want to do
3. Focus on your “why.”
by Melissa Coombs